Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 1: Guatemala MTC/CCM

Hey guys,

So I have just about completed my first week in the MTC. My district that I am in is super fun everyone is super friendly. My companion is named Elder Sweat he is from california in the palo alto area. He is a chill guy. 

The first few days that I was here were pretty long but lately they have been flying by super quickly. I am picking up spanish fairly well during the time that our teachers have been teaching it. I usualy pick up 80% of the spanish that is spoken to us in the classroom and by the latinos. 

It has been a good experience so far in the MTC. I can´t wait to hear from all you guys back home and see how you are doing. 

Love You all,
Elder Trepanier

Mom, 

My flights went well I met up with elders in SLC and in LA. In SLC I met up with Elder Rosen, Elder Meoño, and Elder Keith and Sister ball, who are all great guys in there own sence. Elder Rosen is a recent convert to the church and he was baptised about a year ago, which I think is cool and the amount of faith that he has to be out here on a mission. I then met some more missionaries in LA whoes name are Sister Shutter, Elder Brown, Elder Sweat, and Elder Shumway, who are also great in there own sence. We all have our own personal experiences and stories and me and the elders that I came with are all in the same district and we are tight like a close knight family. I believe that these are the Elders that I should be with during my time in the MTC. 

I will not be able to serve with any of them on my mission. Almost all of them are going to the guatemala city central mission. The only elder that is not going there is Elder Meoño who is going san salvador west and belice mission. 

My classes are going great so far. The majority of them are taught in spanish with a bit of english mixed in with it so that those that are not as good at spanish are able to understand. 

Tú Hijo 
Elder Trepanier

Hey guys, (A response to the family email we sent)

Thanks so much for your support. The MTC is good and the food is great. The temple is beautiful and I am grateful to be able to go through it during my Pday. Sunday went well only sacrament and priesthood opening exercise are in spanish and I can understand the majority of it when i listen carefully. Tell rosco that I miss him too and that I love him. That picture that I have of him is just what I need to remind me how great of a dog that he is, even if he is not there when I get back. 

My MTC Disctrict is close we have 7 elders and 3 sisters in our district. I live with all the Elders and we are tight knight like a family usually is. It is great to be able to spend time with them in the MTC. Hope that everything is going well with the house I know that everything will be fine. Tell mom to send me about 10 more ties to the mission home especially pasleys and if you can find and Jerry Garcia ties that are pollyester macine washable that would be gread too. 

Your Brother/Son 
Elder Trepanier

No comments:

Post a Comment