Monday, January 25, 2016

Weeks 12-14 Transfer 2 Weeks 1-3

1/11 (Week 12)

Hello Family, 

So there are these things called changes and now I am in a new area in the mission with a new companion as well. It feels like that I am starting over my mission because I have no idea about the lay out of my new area which is called Buenos Aires and I am trying to establish a relationship with my new companion Elder Valenciano who has been in this area for about 4 and a half months and has about 7 months done in the mission. Everything is going fine for me here now. 

I found out that I had changes last Monday night when the zone leaders called and said to my companion Elder Coj that I was going to zone Mirimar to an area called Buenos Aires. Let me just say that this area is different in ways because it is hilly and my last area in La Paz was flat. I am starting to get used to the area now but it was difficult at first. Where we are living now it is smaller than were I was in La Paz as well. In La Paz I was living in a house but now I am living in a small apartment which has barely enough room for 2 missionaries to live out off. The picture that I have is the view from our balcony that we have. 

This past week it was a bit tough for me because I am trying to be more patient with my companion and with myself as well. Elder Valenciano is good and all. Me and him are on a different page on the style and way that we both want to work and we really do not see eye to eye on some things, but I am trying to work it out with him as well. 

Dad yeah it was hard to find shoes that fit my feet because they are so big and they use the EU scale as well which is a bit different. The shoes cost around 600 limpera. I bought them in a city called Progreso. 

Hope that you all are having a good time and such talk to you guys next week.

Elder Trepanier


Photo from his apartment


1/18 (Week 13)
Hello, 

So if you guys do not already know I have changed areas in my mission. Yes after only having one change in my first area. The name of the area that I am in is called Buenos Aires which is close to the city of La Cieba. It is taking some time for me to adjust to this area right now because I am still new to this whole mission thing. 

I continue to work and think of ways that I can better myself as a missionary to help those that need my help whether they be investigators, members, less actives in the church, or people on the street that I do not know. 

Let me say that my Spanish is coming little by little for me. I am understanding the majority of what people are saying to me but I cannot say that I can understand 100 percent of what is being said I mainly rely on context to know what people are saying to me. 

Hope that you are all doing fine back home. 

Elder Trepanier

1/25 (Week 14)
Mom, 

Let me say that time has passed by fast for me on the mission and it has only been just about 3 months and I have learned a lot, and sometimes I do not even realize how much time has gone by until I think about it. 

As for the ward the area is decent size that it covers. There are about 200 members in the ward area but the attendance of church fluctuates a lot it is really not that stable because of the amount of less active families in the area. The Bishop in our area wants the attendance of sacrament meeting to be 120 people but it has wavered around 80 to 100 people since I have been in the area. For lunch we pay a sister in the ward to cook for us during the week and we have dinner appointments every day with members of the ward and the majority of them love having us over to eat. 

Right now in the area it is a bit hard to find people to teach because when we find someone they either do not want to hear the gospel or they are hard to find when we put a cita with them. We have 2 investigators with a baptismal date for this Saturday one is about 50 and the other is about 35. They are good people I have not gotten to know them very much because I have been here for only about 3 weeks. They are on the verge of getting baptized and such. 

Hope that everything is going fine back home. 

Elder Trepanier

Hello Family, 
The area is going fine. There is a lot more rain than there was in La Paz because of how close that we are to the coast. I am handling the rain decently. What goes on is when we leave for the day as we look at the sky and if there are a lot of grey clouds we go and put our rain jackets in our bags so that if it does rain we are prepared for it. The ward is good I am starting to get to know members in the ward such as the ones that we have dinner appointments with but it is a bit tough because of my Spanish that I have and also because of the time that I have been here in the area. My Spanish is getting better and better as I practice and study. 

We had a missionary conference this week were the general authorities talked to all the missionaries in the world on what we need to be focusing on as missionaries to help our investigators. We also had interviews with President Klien also this week and things are going fine. Probably my companion will be leaving the area at the end of this change because this is his 4th change in the area. I am working hard and trying to be better more and more each day. 


Elder Trepanier
Our Christmas package arrived! (he forgot to tell us)


He was without his rain coat and a member offered him a garbage bag to use
Love this smile!!
(And how I figured out that he received the package)

No comments:

Post a Comment