Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 6: Honduras La Paz

Hey Family, 

Everything is going well here in Honduras I am in anarea of Honduras called La Paz wich is right near La Lima our mission covers none of the city of San Pedro Sula. We flew from Guatemala City to San Padro Sula which was a 1 hour flight. I'm adapting to spanish decently I can understand when people are speaking based on the context of the words that they are saying.

My companion is named Elder Coj he is from Guatemala and he has been out on his mission for 21 months and we are both new to the area. I am new to the whole mission life and he is new to the area. My comp understands english but he does not speak it that good kind of the inverse of me because I can understand spanish but it takes me a while for me to say what I need to say because my mind only thinks in english and there are some words that take me a while to say in english for example the word atonement I always think of expacción which is the  spanish word for it. Elder Coj is my trainer and the slang that is used is papá or father and I am his child or hijo because he is the first elder to be companions with me. 

I have only been here in honduras for 4 days and it is taking me some time to get used to the humidity. It reminds me alot of when we were in atlanta. Alot of what we are doing is contacting people because we don't have that many people that are investigators from the prior missionaries that were in the area before us. And because we are new to the area we are figuring out the layout of the area so it is alot of walking and contacting people. 

The people here do not have front doors like we do in the states they have a fence door and how we "knock" door is stand out front of the area and say buenas which is used for hello here in honduras. We have been spending a lot of our time figuring out the layout of the area and contacting people. It is tiring at times because you think that someone will listen to the message and then they say that they are fine and every time that they say that it gets me a little bit frustrated that they do not what to take some time and listen to our message. 

The people here are so humble they are not all just catholics like it said when we looked at honduras on wikipidia. 1 might be catholic others evangelico and others are jehova witnesses and others might be members of a local church. It is crazy the amount of different religions that they have here in Honduras. 

Hope that you guys are doing well. 

Elder Trepanier
His District from the CCM (Missionary Training Center)

His companion, Elder Coj & Elder Nielson (from Utah)

His current district

No comments:

Post a Comment