Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Weeks 3 and 4

Stacey here: I got a little busy last week, so this weeks blog is a combination of the last 2 emails that we received from Elder Trepanier/Cory.

Hey Guys, 

So this week has had some ups and downs in it. Going to the temple weekly is such a blessing that I have while I am here in the CCM. Don't be afraid to email me with any questions that you may have about were I am at or were I am going. I am learning the language pretty well and it is starting to come to me more and more now. The teachers that I have are so helpfull and when we have practices with other latino districts in the CCM as I listen closely to them I can understand them about 90% of the time. As we are having practices with "investigators" me and my companion have been teaching them with only the spirit, the scriptures and the pamphlet that we are teaching from which is a blessing for us cause now everyone else in the district has to follow what we have been doing for the later half of our teachings. 

This sunday was fast sunday and I think that every Norte who is here bore their testimony in spanish. We had some awsome devotionals this week as well that really got me thinking. I got to tell you the CCM president here is such a powerful speaker that he could "fire up" a you ng priest to go and do as much work as he can to prepare for his mission. I am opening up way more to my district as well and for those of you who know me well know that I am not the type of guy that shares his fealings on things majority of the time but it seems that I am doing just that. 

My stay here is about half way done and it feels like ive learned a lot since I came in language wise and gospel as well. I hope that all of you are doing well back home and can't wait to email you guys next week. 

Elder Trepanier

Hey guys, 

So I'm sick and it sucks being sick. It feels like im coughing up a storm all the time. It is crazy that I am leaving for the field in 10 days. I had to give a talk this sunday in sacrament meeting in spanish and it was crazy because I had the feeling that I was going to be one of the North Americans that had to speak. It went well I really feel that the language is coming for me decently.  

In this batch of latinos that we had these past 2 weeks I found one that was from Honduras and he is from a part of my mission his name is Elder Cueves and he is from La Ciebe. If I ever find myself in that area of my mission I will try and find his family. 

All the days start to be blending together here. The only days that stand out for me now are sundays and preparation days. The weeks seem to be going quicker the more time I spend here. alot of the time that I spend here is sitting in class learning the language.

It legit is going to feel so empty in the CCM because no Nortes are coming in with this next batch. Everything is going fine for me here.  

Hope that everyone is doing fine.
Elder Trepanier 

Hey mom

Can you send me some more pens, scripture markers, and ties. Thanks for sending me the package with grandma I don't know how she got it to me but I loved it. I don't know what else to ask for probably just some more letters from home and some stuff that you think that I might need. 

Elder Trepanier

I asked him about possible needs for a Christmas (or after Christmas since I haven't sent anything yet) package. Also, his Grandma Trepanier brought him a small package as she is in Guatemala currently on a trip with friends. She went to the Guatemala temple and stopped by the MTC/CCM to deliver the package. Looks like he really appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment